School has started, there is an occasional crisp feel to the air and it is getting darker earlier. All signs that point to the end of summer. So we decided we had better head out at least one more time to enjoy the outdoors while we still could.
The colors in the canyons were beautiful.
We did a little fishing and a lot of complaining. Porter and Zach were proud of the fish they caught.
And I don't know why it is that I can't get my kids excited to pose in front of the camera- maybe if I did it a little more often they wouldn't be so camera shy. But they eventually cooperated for a couple of shots. I think there was bribery involved.
Then we finished the day off with a chili cookout at the top of the mountain. You remember me mentioning the end of summer? Well it was about 50 degrees up there and we didn't have any jackets with us. The view was beautiful and the chili warmed us right up. It was a great day to spend together.


3 comments:
I love it, "A little fishing, and alot of complaining." Isn't that how it always goes. I was so happy to see a post from you all! School's in! Woo Hoo!!
Cute pictures! Sounds like such a fun time! Your kids have grown up so much!! And I still get a lot of complaining about pictures too---from NEIL!! :) Ha ha ha! (Some people just never outgrow their hate of having their picture taken).
Looks like lots of fun! I love Fall! The changing of the leaves is the best!
As always your kids are so very beautiful & handsome...pass our love along to everyone, and know that when I think of the mountains it always includes you guys & 4 wheeling!
Post a Comment