CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Wii

I can't hardly believe it but we finally found a Wii. I have been looking for one since November. The months of frustration are behind me, but can I complain one more time? Why do clerks when you ask if they have any Wii's say yes, but we sold out this morning? I would have my hopes raised and dashed in mere seconds. But enough of that.
I have to say that it was worth the whole purchase price just to watch my kids throw their bodies around trying to hit an imaginary ball. If you have a Wii you know what I mean- if you don't go to your friends house that does, it is hilarious.
The day after the purchase, all three kids were nursing sore arms. Even my big strong husband thinks he might be developing tendinitis and that is only after a short time playing. You could say we are a little intense at our house.
It is funny though. I have been hunting for the elusive Wii for so long that now that I have one, I miss the hunt. Crazy huh? I think sometimes that looking forward to something can be funner that having that thing you were hoping for.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! We are very jealous of your Wii. When I told Erik you got one he was gitty. We might just have to go to our neighbors house and play theirs until we get one:)

Karyn said...

Yay Sara! Looks like its time for a barbecue at your house! :)

Elena said...

WooHoo! I know you've been looking for a long time. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Mrs.Mayne said...

and they say that video games are making the kids lazy. I have never got a better work out in my life. I'm glad to see you have joined the blogophere.