CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Unemployed???

I am guessing this is what it feels like to be unemployed. I have been put on call for the last 4 shifts that I have been scheduled for- that means there haven't been enough patients at the hospital for the number of nurses on the schedule and so someone has to stay home. Lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it - that person is always me because of the type of pay scale I am on. I am in a pickle as to how I feel about the whole thing. On one hand I am all in a panic, with Darwin not working steadily mine is the only "steady" paycheck. On the other hand, I feel like a normal person again that doesn't have nights and days mixed up. I am actually pleasant to be around (most of the time). So, even though I know I should feel bad I am not working- I have a hard time "feeling bad". I know, I know just wait until bill time then my priorities will be back where they need to be.

5 comments:

Lana said...

Maybe I could find you AND Darwin a nice job up here, CLOSE...by us. That would be fun. Im sure its nice to have day and night back to normal- but Im sure, if your a true Lindhardt, you will be feeling it when the bills come and the paycheck doesnt. I love having Jacque around- in fact she called tonight and said she is bringing dinner tomorrow, why?? Because she wants too. I love her, she helps a ton, and Mark loves it to- because she is always helping when Mark cant. So far he doesnt mind it. In fact after she painted the babies room Friday, Mark never put the bunk bed back in the corner- Jacque stopped by on tuesday to do that for me. Just this Saturday Mark came up to me and said "Who moved that bed back" I said "Jacque did FOUR DAYS AGO' he said "OH". I think that made him feel silly.

Stacey said...

Oh, I'd be a big ball of stress. I worry too much. So, it's good that you aren't too worried. Hang in there, and things will work out. I've heard that there are always nursing positions open, because they are in high demand. I don't know if it's like that in your area or not, but hopefully things pick back up for you (not that you want people sick or hurt, but you know...it's your job). Good luck! :)

One Sassy Princess said...

Breath!!!!

Shondell said...

Hang in there pretty lady...no one knows better then you about how the Lord always makes things work out! Enjoy it why you can, and do lots of fun things with your kids! :)

Cherish said...

Yikes...I hope that things are going okay for you guys. That on one hand is so stressful and yet on the other you deserve to catch up on sleep and feel like a normal person again. Keep me posted.