Life becomes the same old, same old and it is hard to think up "interesting" things to write about. Kids still say crazy things, funny things happen but by the time I sit down to blog I can't think of a thing. Update at work- things are better. I finally decided to change my work status. What that means is that work will be a little more absolute and I won't get called off so much. It also means that I could qualify for benefits through the hospital. We have been on private insurance since Darwin quit but the coverage isn't that great. So- wahoo for us.
Darwin has started teaching concealed weapons classes, we feel very lucky and blessed that he got a 'contract' with the Cabela's here to teach classes exclusively at their site. They even advertise for us. Then he also travels to California to teach classes there. I have been helping him by getting everyone in the class fingerprinted and taking pictures and getting copies of I.D.'s so they have everything for their packets. I need to get my notary so that is even one less step for people to have to do. So if you have ever thought about it- check with Cabela's for the time and dates or call for the out of state classes. (You never thought you would have to sit through a commercial on a blog before did you?)
Lastly, I have discovered the wonders of facebook. A friend from high school who I have talked to in almost 20 yrs contacted me and encouraged me to join. It has been fun reconnecting with so many random people that I didn't know of any other way of getting a hold of them. It is great fun, but I find my blog suffers when I get so distracted.
Kids are doing great. We just had parent teacher conference yesterday. When we left I asked Darwin, what do the teachers say when they don't like your kids? Both Maeg's and Port's teacher went on and on about what great kids they were and what a joy it was to have them in class. Do you think when your kid is a brat the teachers just lie through their teeth or do they just say nothing at all? Just something to think about.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Update
Posted by Sara M at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you & your family. Things always have a way of working out. By the way, I didn't know you were on facebook too. I'll have to find you, Neil and I are also on there. Take care! :)
So, glad to hear about what's been going on! We were a little worried about you crazy busy people! :) The commerical was very interesting & great...I think that would be really fun to take a gun class. Also, that says a lot for Darwin to even be contracted with Cabela's. (Which I love that store, & we stop almost every time we go north). About the kids and teachers, I don't think the teachers lie, but I know they don't go on & on unless the kids are really that good...By the time they get to High School, Todd says the kids that are A+ students are the only ones who have parents come to parent teach conf., and if kids are failing, the parents usually call or contact him by e-mail. It's different these days...
So, face book? Well I have a couple of out of state friends who do it...but I'm at the point that I think I'm going to stop blogging more then every couple of weeks. It just takes up to much of my time to put post a couple times a week or even just once a week! I like you, think I have nothing great to say, and it takes more time then I'd like sitting at the computer when I could be doing other fun things! Any ways...now that I'v gone on! I'm glad to hear from you, it sounds like life is good! Also, tell Darwin, he is more then welcome to stop & stay if he ever needs to when going to & from Cal...you know we'd love it! Luv ya!
Hi- Finally!!! Almost a month Sara- I guess that is better than last time though, it was 3 months before. Anyway- glad to hear things are going good. Yes, as I walked out of PTC I asked Mark the same thing. They lie if your kid is a brat, I know they do!! We got the same old story, Great kid, top of the class, and at the oldest it was- she doesnt turn in her work- but she is a great artist!! All the doodling she does besides her work. She better go to college with an art scholarship! Anyway, the bedroom is almost all sheetrocked. We had our fridge breakdown on us- so we had to fix that. Our van battery died- I dont drive it enough to make it a priority right now. I can not drive myself very well. Mark is crazy busy with school and taking care of us and watching to make sure Dad is alright and improving, and working as much as possible at the pharmacy and finishing the bedroom. He promises it will be done Oct 31. Im sure it will too! I totally miss you guys. It seems like a long time since I saw you. Love the kids for me. Tell them we miss them. But hopefully we will see you in Nov. Keep on posting! Love ya Sara.
Post a Comment